FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BETHLEHEM, PA — October 27, 2011 — InterviewStream, the most widely used video interview provider since 2003 announces ScaryInterview.com which showcases a video interview with a ghost, the devil, and Frankenstein along with the top 10 tips for avoiding a scary job interview . As an increasing number of employers replace phone screens and reduce in-person interviews with video interviews, InterviewStream’s CEO Randy Bitting shares useful advice to avoid frightening potential employers before turning on a webcam or conducting an in-person interview.
Aberdeen Group’s latest research shows that “42% of respondents to the September 2011 `Talent Acquisition Lifecycle’ study indicate the use of web-based video for at least some of their interviewing,” a dramatic increase from 10% using the same methods in 2010. Bitting commented about working with more than 500 clients who have conducted video interviews in more than 120 countries, “We regularly reference candidate experience when discussing best practices with our clients. It’s important to note that our support material is to ensure everyone’s success — hiring managers and candidates. Video interviewing provides a much more in depth view into a candidate’s abilities and experience so it’s extremely important to be prepared. We created ScaryInterview.com to have a little fun with the concept.”
Bitting gets his scary on and offers the following tips to job seekers:
1. Unless you have an audition for “The Walking Dead” get a good night’s sleep.
2. Remember you’re using a webcam – lose the Freddy Krueger stripes and busy patterns.
3. Don’t be a mummy and get all wrapped up in yourself. Keep responses clear and concise so interviewers don’t get bored to death.
4. Don’t pull a Frankenstein and grunt at your interviewer – speak clearly and enunciate.
5. Like… don’t answer with like… too many ums and likes. Scary? No. Nauseating? Yes.
6. Don’t mention you won the last office pool on the best way to torture your boss.
7. Avoid distractions and turn off your phone to ensure you don’t have any scary interruptions during the video interview.
8. Minimize the strobe light, slow motion, paranormal like video effects — good lighting and minimal body movement are both key to a good video interview.
9. Letting your interviewer know that “dress-down day is totally important to your inner creativity man ” doesn’t win you anything but a “do not pass go” card.
10. Vampires may suck — make sure your internet connection doesn’t — FYI, video is not meant for dial-up
Founded in 2003, InterviewStream is a 100% web-based video interviewing solution which allow organizations to be more efficient in saving time and resources while quickly realizing a return on investment. Subscribers use pre-recorded and live video interview management systems for pre-screening candidates and interviewing remote talent. InterviewStream also offers the only online video-based practice interviewing system reinforcing the importance of candidate experience and preparation.
If you want to interview Founder and CEO, Randy Bitting, about how to avoid a scary interview, contact Lenore Mohr at 877-773-3164 or email press(at)interviewstream.com.
InterviewStream, LLC (http://www.InterviewStream.com) is the original provider of pre-recorded and live video interviewing solutions. Hundreds of employers, executive search firms, staffing firms, and the world’s leading global career transition firm have completed more than 300,000 interviews using InterviewStream’s proprietary technology. With award-winning design, usability and 24/7 customer support, InterviewStream is the only video interviewing solution that provides users with the ability to personalize and record interview questions on its enterprise platform. The practice platform is used by more than 300 universities and 21 of the top 25 MBA Programs and has helped college students prepare and secure employment around the globe.
InterviewStream, LLC is a privately held company headquartered outside of Philadelphia in Bethlehem, PA.
Director of Marketing & Communications
205 Webster Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
(610) 417-4300 direct
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
Tags: InterviewStream LLCThis entry was posted on Thursday, October 27th, 2011 at 12:00 am and is filed under General HR, HR Consulting, HR Technology, Outsourcing, Screening / Assessment, Talent Mgmt/Employee Relations, Training and Development. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.