Course examines the impact of key economic, regulatory and marketplace challenges facing employers
Indianapolis, Ind., [Oct. 25, 2013] – Skyrocketing health care costs and ballooning compliance duties have pushed more employers to a tipping point, and companies are facing major benefits strategy changes as a result. UBA, in conjunction with UNUM, are hosting a free webinar for human resource professionals, called “Buyer’s Study,” on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 pm ET, that examines broad macro trends and employee benefit trends in the current and future health benefits marketplace.
Participants will learn about:
– Economic pressures of rising health care costs
– Health care reform mandates and tax implications
– Employee engagement and productivity challenges
– Administrative demands, including leave/absence management
– Increased employee financial vulnerability
– Shift in employee retirement age
– Unum benefit sales trends
This webinar will also discuss implications for employers, including:
– Employers will continue to look for new strategies and tools to control healthcare costs, particularly consumer driven health plans;
– Employers will need to consider offering flexible benefit packages to accommodate an increasingly diverse workforce;
– As employees are given more responsibility for making health and financial benefits decisions, employers will need to provide them with effective tools, support and educational information to assist in decision-making; and
– Employers increasingly will recognize the importance of tracking and managing the time and costs involved in employee absences, and will look for strategies and tools in this area.
To register for this free webinar, visit bit.ly/1dj2C4y and enter code UBAUNUM10 to receive the $149 discount. This webinar has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute to qualify for 1.25 recertification credit hours.
About the Presenter:
Jean Wenn Luce, Director of Marketing Communications, Unum, supports strategic marketing communications efforts that encourage delivery of and access to industry-leading financial protection solutions. Jean has directed all of the Unum Buyers Study campaigns, beginning with the first, in 2006.
Unum is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Unum’s employee benefits portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness insurance, which help protect millions of working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
About United Benefit Advisors
United Benefit Advisors is the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 offices throughout the U.S., Canada and the U.K. Visit www.UBAbenefits.com.
csammartino (at) fishervista (dot) com