For Immediate Release
Contact: Karen Caruso, Ph.D.
e-mail protected from spam bots
Princeton, NJ — May 13, 2010— viaPeople, Inc., a leading provider of human capital software, has announced the implementation of an Executive-level Talent Assessment and Succession Planning solution for Cadence Design Systems, Inc. The solution provides Cadence organizational leaders with a rich source of new information to aid in organizational planning, leadership development, and strategic management of human capital.
Cadence Human Resources leaders recognized the need to maintain a deep and consistent stream of leadership talent throughout the organization. Seeking an automated process for gathering comprehensive talent information, Cadence asked viaPeople to automate this critical initiative. ” After launching the viaPeople Talent Assessment and Succession Planning application, we were able to rapidly gather a robust set of talent data and establish a more reliable and accurate Succession Planning system for our organization,” says Tina Jones, Corporate Vice President of Human Resources at Cadence.
The Cadence Talent Assessment and Succession Planning solution incorporated many of viaPeople’s innovative product features including:
– A total solution that seamlessly integrates with other viaPeople applications such as performance evaluation/management and 360-degree assessment;
– Flexible setup of a custom assessment instrument including the following Talent/Succession Criteria: areas of expertise, work history and key business experiences, career accomplishments/aspirations, functional/leadership
competencies, development recommendations, talent readiness indicators, potential promotions, successors, and retention risks;
– Smart forms that actively expand questions based on previous answers;
– Advanced search capabilities to quickly identify talent according to diverse sets of criteria;
– Real-time aggregate reporting capabilities;
– Single-click access to employee’s talent profile;
– Integration with HRIS for database-driven, real-time data;
– Organization Charting with one click access to all talent information;
– Integration with Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint for advanced presentation tools.
Cadence organizational leaders sought a flexible Talent Assessment and Succession Planning solution that could be adapted to meet their unique needs in strategic human capital management. “The viaPeople consultants worked collaboratively with us to design an assessment specifically tailored to meet our goals,” says Cadence Group Director of Human Resources Operations and Staffing Services, Sarice Plate.
viaPeople Senior Consultant, Amanda Seidler, Ph.D. adds “Cadence leaders require deep knowledge and a specific set of skills to effectively manage a highly technical workforce. Using the viaPeople tools, organizational leaders are now able to systematically gather, maintain, and analyze this information for every high-potential in the organization”. The solution has provided Cadence with a comprehensive database of talent and succession information and allows for ongoing management of Cadence’s leadership talent pool.
About viaPeople, Inc.:
viaPeople, Inc. is a human asset management software and consulting services company. By combining the science of Industrial Organizational Psychology and an advanced, fully integrated technology platform, viaPeople, Inc. offers the time savings and cost efficiency of online implementation, the flexibility to customize to a client’s specific needs, and the domain knowledge to help clients measure and improve the return on their investment in human capital. Visit viaPeople, Inc. at http://www.viapeople.com.
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.